A&S Staff Association
Guided by the Cardinal Principles, A&S staff provide top-notch support and service to the College of Arts & Sciences students and faculty, with the aim of continued impactful engagement in the university, local, state and global communities through the creation and dissemination of knowledge.
As the corresponding staff body to the A&S Faculty Assembly and the A&S Student Council, it is the A&S Staff Association’s mission to improve and/or maintain a diverse and inclusive climate of care, where staff are valued for their varied contributions to the University community. The A&S Staff Association’s advocacy role is to ensure staff
- are treated with courtesy, compassion, respect and dignity, regardless of their position;
- have open and transparent lines of communication between faculty and administration;
- have opportunities for professional development, career advancement, and mentoring;
- have a safe, supportive, and healthy professional environment, free of hostility or bullying;
- are recognized as an integral partner in our University’s vision to be a great place to work because we celebrate diversity, foster equity, and strive for inclusion; and are a key element in our College mission to improve life in the Commonwealth.