About Monday Memo
Search Monday Memo
All items should be submitted via this form.
The goals of the A&S Monday Memo are the following:
- to cut down on the number of emails going out via the A&S faculty and staff listservs
- to improve communication to the College from the Dean's Office
- to promote the great work going on in A&S
How and when?
All Monday Memo items should be submitted via this form. This keeps all announcements organized in one central place and helps us avoid missing anything.
However, on the occasion that you have supporting documents (e.g. flyers), please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and type "MONDAY MEMO" in the subject line. If it is a time-sensitive announcement that you feel cannot wait until the Monday Memo, you can also email it, but be sure to copy email@example.com on the note and type "TIME SENSITIVE MONDAY MEMO" in the subject line.
As a rule, please submit your content for the following week's memo by 12 Noon on Thursday. If your announcement has accompanying material, please try to provide that as a web link. If that is not possible, you can email the material as an attachment.
Monday Memo content should be related to current or recent news (within the last two weeks) and can include any of the following:
- Good news or kudos about A&S faculty, staff, students, alumni, friends and/or programs
- Media hits featuring A&S community members or programs
- Announcements related to administrative, financial, IT, and/or HR policies and procedures
- Professional development opportunities
- Changes to advising policies or procedures
- Information pertinent to instruction, research, and/or service
- Advancement information, e.g. items related to fundraising successes, communications and marketing, and alumni relations
- Department chair and UBM announcements
- News about publications, grants, awards, and leadership roles. (We also suggest you forward those to the A&S Research Office if you haven't already.
NOTE: Please do not submit conference presentations unless they are keynote addresses or by special invitation.
If you wish an upcoming event to appear in the events section of the Monday Memo, you need to submit it to the University calendar, Localist. Anything you submit and is approved will automatically appear. As a rule, events will not be featured elsewhere in the Memo. For more info on Localist, go to the UofL Event Calendar FAQs.
Direct all Monday Memo feedback, suggestions, corrections, and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.