The College of Arts & Sciences
Cardinal alumni understand the challenges of affording college, and they support hundreds of scholarships that reduce the financial burden of attending college, including the cost of tuition, books, equipment, and other course-related expenses.
March 1st for the next academic year.
The University of Louisville does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual in educational programs and activities. Accordingly, while a program or activity may be focused on the needs or issues of a particular group, they are intended to be inclusive of all, and any participant may benefit from attendance or participation in these programs and activities.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Department-level Scholarships (approx. 270 available)
Contact your department to learn more about their scholarships:
College-level Scholarships for A&S Majors
The College of Arts & Science offers 11 different scholarships for any A&S major, which are listed below:
Apply here: Scholarship Application
Note: If applying for the Mary Craik Scholarship, please use the pdf linked in the scholarship description.
Two awards of $500 will be made. To be eligible, you must:
- Have a declared major in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Demonstrate commitment to community service
The scholarship offers a minimum award of $500. To be eligible, you must:
- Be an undergraduate majoring in geology, biology, chemistry, or physics at the University of Louisville with demonstrated financial need as certified by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate environmental stewardship in extracurricular activities.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a student in good standing and/or must otherwise have fulfilled all requirements for admission to the College of Arts and Sciences.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an approved major in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Have completed a minimum of one semester at the University of Louisville.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0, cumulative and in the major.
- Preference for this award is shown to students from Crawford, Harrison, or other counties in southern Indiana. Secondary preference shown to students from Bullitt, Hardin, Jefferson, Meade, or Oldham counties in Kentucky.
Several awards for full-time undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences who are strongly motivated to complete their degrees and who have substantial financial need.
The scholarship offers a minimum award of $1000. To be eligible, you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in English
- Demonstrated financial need as certified by the University of Louisville’s Office of Financial Aid
Awards of $500 minimum to one or more students who have demonstrated leadership in or service to UofL or greater metropolitan Louisville’s gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community. Students need not be A&S majors to apply for this award.
An award of $1000 to a student who plans a career in public or community service.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a senior at Central Hardin High School (Hardin County School District, Kentucky) who has been accepted at and plans to attend the University of Louisville in the fall
- Demonstrate excellence in academic performance, character, and work ethic
- Demonstrate financial need
There are four scholarships available through the support of this fund and any funds awarded will go toward the costs of pursuing a degree in the College of Arts & Sciences at University of Louisville in the next year.
- J. B. Speed Senior Scholarship
To be eligible, you must be a member of the Junior class in the College of Arts & Sciences, and Resident of Louisville, KY.
- J. B. Speed Junior Scholarship
To be eligible, you must be a member of the Sophomore class in the College of Arts & Sciences, and resident of Louisville, KY.
- J. B. Speed Open Scholarship
To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate student in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- J. B. Speed Graduate Scholarship
To be eligible, you must be:
- A resident of the USA,
- A senior in the graduating class planning to pursue post-graduate courses at University of Louisville or other USA institution, and
- Specially gifted in any discipline
Note: This scholarship is not offered every year.
The Mary B. Craik scholarship is designed for the advancement of women, especially those who are looking toward completion of an undergraduate degree or pursuit of a professional or graduate degree. Applicants must have at least 24 hours of undergraduate coursework and a minimum GPA of 2.5. This is a private scholarship and is not administered by the University of Louisville. Interested students should send their application directly to Jonathan Raymon at JRaymon@rwbaird.com.
University-level Scholarships (approx. 68 available)
The university’s Office of Financial Aid offers scholarships for any UofL student, which can be viewed at:
Please note: The sum of all institutional aid received cannot exceed the university’s total standard direct cost of attendance plus a stipend. Items in the standard direct cost include regular on-campus tuition charges*, average room**, average board***, and average book costs***. For more information regarding the University stacking/over-award policy, visit the following website: http://louisville.edu/financialaid/scholarships/overaward-stacking-policies
The scholarships listed above are open to all eligible students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age. While a particular scholarship may be focused on the needs or issues of a particular group, all students are eligible to apply and to receive any scholarship.