Dear Parents and Family,
Sending children off to college is a happy, but emotional time. There are many choices and it is stressful trying to help them make the decision about the best colleges to attend.
Many students are choosing to start at Jefferson Community and Technical College and then transfer to UofL to get a Bachelor’s degree. This may be a good solution for the student looking for smaller classes and lower tuition ($144 per credit hour for in-state, $504 for out of state.) I can tell you that as a UofL employee on the Jefferson campus, I am impressed with the quality of the teaching at the community college and think it is an excellent foundation for earning a Bachelor’s degree.
If your student decides to start at Jefferson and wants to transfer to UofL, encourage him or her go through our website and look at the opportunities and services offered to Ultra students.
- Are advised by both JCTC and UofL advisors to make sure that they take classes that transfer to UofL and go toward their major.
- Students who are undecided can explore majors and careers at the CREW Center.
- Are connected to UofL through tours, special transfer programs and class visits.
- Can purchase a UofL student ID and participate in intramurals, use the state of the art Student Recreation Center, attend student events and ride TARC free. The cost is $150 for fall and spring semester and $49 for the summer term – this is the same amount that UofL students pay.
- Ultra students can live in UofL affiliated housing but must be prepared to pay initial housing costs out of pocket until financial aid is awarded.
- Are advised, supported and assisted through the transfer process.
Information on how to apply to Jefferson Community and Technical College and how to connect with Ultra services can be found on our website. You can also contact our officeif you have any additional questions.