Non-resident, out-of-state students who will be transferring to the University of Louisville (UofL) as an undergraduate, full-time student for the spring 2018 semester are encouraged to apply for this academic scholarship.
The application deadline for students that will begin enrollment in spring 2018 is December 1, 2017.
To minimally qualify for scholarship consideration, a student must:
- Submit a and UofL admission application by July 1 for fall semester applicants or December 1st for spring semester applicants.
- Be admitted to UofL and seeking your first undergraduate bachelor’s degree. Only first-time transfer students will be considered. Previous UofL students readmitted to the university are not eligible.
- Submit a final transcript (final award amounts and scholarship disbursement are contingent upon receipt of final transcript(s)) and receive a final transfer evaluation from UofL of at least 24 semester credit hours with a cumulative transfer GPA calculation of at least 3.0.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Be classified by UofL in a non-resident, out-of-state status for tuition billing purposes. Residents of Kentucky and the reciprocal Southern Indiana counties (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Perry, Scott and Washington) are not eligible for consideration.
*Non-resident students transferring from KCTCS or Ivy Tech are not eligible to receive both the KCTCS and NTS scholarships, students will be awarded the scholarship that is most advantageous.
Awards for this scholarship are made based on a combination of transferrable credit hours and GPA. The scholarship award amounts range from $5000 to $7500 for the academic year (one half of the award is provided in qualified semesters). A breakdown of scholarship amount is as follows:
- 24-59 transferrable hours with a 3.0 gpa = $5000
- 24-59 transferrable hours with a 3.5 gpa = $6500
- 60+ transferrable hours with a 3.0 gpa = $6500
- 60+ transferrable hours with a 3.5 gpa = $7500
This scholarship is renewable provided all eligibility requirements are met. Conditions of renewal include good academic standing and continuous fall and spring full-time enrollment. There is no limit on renewable terms provided all eligibility requirements are met; students are no longer eligible for the scholarship once the first bachelor’s degree is obtained. Detailed renewal conditions are outlined in the terms of agreement upon offer of the scholarship.
If you have any questions concerning scholarship eligibility, please contact transfer services at firstname.lastname@example.org, and put "Transfer NTS" in the subject line.