Resources for Independent Living:
- The lease signed is for 12 months and each student will be held to the lease.
- Public landlord/tenant laws are in place and utilized by the community.
- Rules within the apartment are primarily concerned with safety and care of the community; social rules are primarily up to the residents.
- Roommate conflicts are left to the residents to work out, not the community staff.
- As a renting tenant, you have the expectation to be provided a safe and secure environment. We recommend you read more on our Tenant Rights and Responsibilities page.
- UofL students who live off campus may post sublease offers for free at offcampushousing.louisville.edu. You will need to create an account to view or post a sublet.