Non-Credit Trips

Students who are traveling internationally and are either receiving university funding or traveling on behalf of the university but are not receiving academic credit for the trip are required to file international travel forms and receive Provost approval.

This includes but is not limited to: Brown Fellow Summer Enrichment programs; Speed School international internships; graduate or undergraduate students conducting research, presenting papers, attending conferences at foreign locations; or medical students participating in overseas medical missions that are not a part of their regular program.

If you think this applies to you, or to receive further clarification, please send an email to the Office of Study Abroad & International Travel.

Be sure to include:

  • Dates of trip
  • Purpose
  • Location
  • Funding source.

Please allow five to ten business days for a response.