Student Involvement Leadership and Service
Title: Graduate Assistantship for Leadership and Service
Office: Office of Student Involvement
Date July 1st - June 30th
The Graduate Assistantship for Leadership and Service is a part-time, 12 month academic year appointment (July 1 – June 30) in the Office of Student Involvement. The Graduate Assistant is supervised by the Assistant Director for Leadership Development Programs and provides leadership for Advance UofL, Cards LEAD, and other leadership and service programs.
Assist in advising and facilitating Cards LEAD and Advance UofL programs, including supervising student directors.
- Supervise program directors and assist them with program development and implementation
- Coordinate participant recruitment process
- Coordinate training and performance evaluation process of program directors
- Assist with planning and facilitation of program retreats and weekly meetings
- Update program manuals and training materials
- Keep electronic information current and updated, utilizing EngageUofL and GroupMe for communication
- Conduct performance evaluation process for program participants
- Address concerns and performance problems with participants, as needed
- Coordinate program assessment process
- Submit information for annual report to supervisor
Assist with advisement of (2) committees of the Engage Lead Serve Board.
- Attend and assist with retreats, trainings and leadership board meetings
- Assist committee directors with event management and implementation, as needed
- Work with committee directors and student organizations to make necessary connections/work effectively together
Help with implementation of student leadership program initiatives
- Work with leadership and service team to further develop and implement first-year and sophomore leadership opportunities, as needed
- Assist with program marketing and recruit program participants, as needed
Serve as active member of the Office of Student Involvement, attend meetings, and contribute to departmental goals and objectives.
- Provide assistance to other members of the staff as requested and assume additional responsibilities within the scope of the position as required
- Provide support for special events and functions that occur
- Participate in staff development programs in the department as well as for the Division of Student Affairs to enhance personal and professional development
- Provide information to the Assistant Director as requested
- Conduct other administrative duties for the office as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director
Advising/supervising, training development, assessment, research, curriculum development.
Background in program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Attention to detail and an enjoyment of evaluation and research
- Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to serve as a role model for undergraduate students
- Competence in technology; proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Possess and have demonstrated past leadership experience
- Understanding of the value of out-of–class involvement.
Must have flexible work hours; some evening and weekend work required.
- Full time admission to and enrollment in a graduate program at the University of Louisville. (Preferably College Student Personnel or Higher Education programs).
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA throughout their term of appointment. Failure to do so can result in the loss of their position and future financial remuneration.
Compensation & Benefits
- Stipend of $1500 a month for 12 months.
- Full time graduate tuition remission for instate or out of state.
- Health care benefits/insurance.
- Professional development opportunities at workshops and conferences may be available.