The Division of Students Affairs has established various committees to support the efforts of the division. Each committee executed projects to enable to enable the division to serve the UofL community.
The responsibilities of the Student Affairs Assessment Committee are:
- Developing assessment plans specific to each department.
- Monitoring progress and adjusting assessment plans as warranted.
- Communicating with the assessment chair, as well as other members of Student Affairs, regarding any difficulties encountered in the course of implementing an assessment plan.
- Coordinating and submitting Student Affairs Annual Reports as well as Outcome Assessment Reports (OARs).
- Serving as points of contact for assessment-related matters, including but not limited to: collaborations, data collection, report submission, report revision, and general inquiries.
The committee is chaired by the Coordinator of Strategic Planning and Assessment and consists of one representative from each department in Student Affairs. The committee meets monthly to monitor progress and discuss assessment-related materials.
Chair: Lily Assgari
Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee (PDC) works to empower and inspire Student Affairs professionals to know themselves, their positions, their field, and their community. To this end, the PDC:
- Introduces new staff to the philosophical orientation of Student Affairs and the theoretical basis for student personnel work.
- Advocates for resources to ensure uninterrupted development offerings.
- Builds a sense of team.
- Recognizes the exemplary accomplishments of staff members.
- Provides information and programming to enhance the operation/management of Student Affairs offices.
Past Professional Development Committee programs have included day-long institutes, lunch-and-learns, supervisor trainings, retreats for classified staff, new staff orientations, social gatherings, and staff recognition.
Chairs: Kathy Meyer and Julie Onnembo
Samantha La Mar
Michelle Montalvo Jourdan
The Student Affairs Diversity Committee strives to support the Division of Student Affairs in its efforts to promote inclusiveness, embrace diversity, and foster an environment for student success. The Diversity Committee:
- Collaborates with our institutional partners in planning and implementing programs and activities related to diversity and inclusion.
- Identifies strategies to enhance the diversity of the divisional staff.
- Provides and supports opportunities to enhance cultural awareness for the division.
Chair: Aesha Uqdah
Kathleen Donovan Dailey
Marketing and Social Media/Web Committee
The Marketing and Social Media/Web Committee works to strengthen the marketing, social media, and web presence for the Division of Student Affairs. The committee:
- Shares marketing ideas and research data.
- Updates and expands on Student Affairs marketing plan.
- Upholds brand standards for Student Affairs and the University.
- Maximizes usage of social media and websites.
- Leverages what is learned from each other.
Chair: Susie Cucura
Growth and Resiliency Committee
GROWTH stands for Grit, Resiliency, Optimism, Wellness, Teamwork, and Hope. The GROWTH committee’s purpose is help the division foster the growth mindset, created by Dr. Carol Dweck, professor of psychology at Stanford University. The committee works to create educational messaging targeted to students, share ideas and resources with the division, promote events/activities sponsored by areas in the division or other areas of the University, foster partnerships with other areas of the University to support growth mindset/student resiliency and to help staff understand the growth mindset concepts.
Chair: Aesha Uqdah