Change of Level (COL)

What is a change of level (COL)?

A degree level refers to whether you are pursuing a “Bachelor,” “Master,” or “Doctorate” degree or are a “non-degree” student. To see what degree level is currently reflected on your I-20, please review section four on the first page of your I-20.

If this information changes, you are required to report the change to our office so that we may notify SEVIS and print a new I-20 that accurately reflects your degree level. Generally, a change of level occurs between degrees from an IESL to Bachelor's, Bachelor's to Master's or a Master's to Doctorate degree. If you need to update your current I-20 then please contact an ISSS coordinator to begin the process