In partnership with the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences, the Psychology LLC brings together students who want to pursue a career in psychology. The LLC focuses on helping students become connected to the department and the field of psychology. Students will receive help in structuring their educational and extra-curricular experiences to put themselves in a position to find and pursue a fulfilling career in psychology.
- Opportunities to meet with and learn from psychology faculty outside of the classroom setting
- Networking with UofL psychology alumni working in a variety of settings
- Opportunities to learn about career options in psychology from faculty and community psychologists
- Training in helping skills and mental health screening opportunities
- Community engagement experiences with community agencies
- Psychology themed social events
Who can apply?
- For First Year LLC: Any incoming first-year student majoring in Psychology. Students must enroll in the courses listed below.
- For Second Year LLC: Any upper-level student student who has taken PSYC-201 and QR Requirement must enroll in PSYC-301 and PSYC-302.
First Year Students
- Fall: PSYC 201, Introduction to Psychology
- Spring: PSYC 311, Preparation for Careers in Psychology
- Students who have received AP credit for PSYC 201 will enroll in PSYC 308, Foundations of Psychopathology.
Second Year Students
- Prerequisites: PSYC 201 and QR Requirement
- Fall: PSYC 301, Statistics for Psychology
- Spring: Spring: PSYC 302, Research Methods for Psychology