To apply, you should indicate your interest for work-study on your FAFSA. This award goes to early eligible applicants. Priority for awarding of work-study funds goes to Pell Grant eligible students.
At U of L, the hourly wage for work-study students is $7.25.
If you have been awarded financial aid through the FWS Program, you will be given the opportunity to seek employment on one of the University's campuses. Students are also encouraged to consider community service jobs. On-campus community service opportunities are available at the Library, Disability Resource Center, Community Service Learning Center, and the Student Financial Aid Office. Off-campus community service opportunities are available as part of the America Reads Community Service Program, by working as reading and math tutors in certain local elementary schools. Hopefully, you will be able to secure a job related to your vocational goals, previous work experience, or special skills.
Instructions for Finding a UofL Federal Work-Study Job
- Using a computer with internet access, log into: https://louisville-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- Choose the link for students/alumni.
- If you are a returning Cards CareerLink user, enter your Student ID and Password on the left side of the page and login.
- If you are a new Cards CareerLink user, choose the link on the right side of the page that allows you to register to
create a new account.
- Complete the student registration form and hit submit.
- You will then see the following message:
Your registration has been received. An email will be sent to the email account you entered into the system as you
completed the student registration form to verify validity of your email address.
- ONCE YOU VERIFY YOUR EMAIL YOU WILL RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL EMAIL WITH YOUR USERNAME AND
PASSWORD. THIS PROCESS MAY TAKE UP TO 24 HOURS.
- Return to the link https://louisville-csm.symplicity.com/students/ and log-in.
- The first time you log-in as a new user, you will be required to complete additional demographic information intended to
help us serve you better as you utilize the Cards CareerLink Career Management System.
- To view jobs in the database, choose the link found across the top of the page called CSM Jobs.
- Once in JOBS choose CSM Jobs, and then look in the dialog box at the top left of the page look for “Show Me” and
choose – All Jobs, look for “Position Type” and choose - Federal Work-Study. Then hit search. You will see a list of all
the Federal Work-Study positions on campus.
- Once you have found an employer you are interested in click on the job title at the left, FWS Student Staff, to find the
contact person for that job.
6701 or stop by the Career Development Center located in the Houchens Building Room LL04.
Additional resources and information are available for departments through the Department Portal.
For more information on the Federal Work Study Program, refer to the Funding Education Beyond High School published by the U.S. Department of Education.