Professional Development Fund
The College of Arts and Sciences is dedicated to the support and development of the staff within the College. It is our belief that enabling staff to develop their skills, knowledge, and effectiveness is an essential part of the College being a great place to work. By maximizing the skills and talents of our staff we hope to increase innovation and service excellence in our work, improve transition and succession planning in our units, and cultivate a community of care and growth.
Awards for FY23 are unavailable.
Applicant eligibility for Professional Development funds:
- You must be employed as full or part-time staff in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Preference will be given to those that have not received funding from the Staff Development Fund in the last 12 months.
- This fund is not to be used for academic tuition, department certifications and/or trainings, or membership fees/dues.
- You must submit a write-up 30 days after the event (failure to do so will deem you ineligible for future awards).
Application Review Process:
- Funding requests should be pre-approved by your supervisor and chair (approval email required).
- Applications should be submitted 30 days in advance of the event and by the 20th of each month.
- Members of the A&S Staff Association , LFO, and volunteers from the staff will review and send forward recommendations for Dean approval.
- Notifications will be sent by the 1st of each month.