Osher Reentry Scholarship
The Bernard Osher Foundation was founded in 1977 to provide support for higher education and the arts. In 2012, the Bernard Osher Reentry Scholarship was established at the University of Louisville to assist eligible adult college students in the completion of their first Bachelor’s degree after a hiatus of five or more years.
The Osher Reentry Scholarship may be awarded for amounts up to $5,000 based on financial need to students who:
- Have experienced a gap in their education of five or more years as documented in their admission credentials.
- Have been admitted to UofL to pursue their first undergraduate degree
- Are U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Have a completed financial aid file on record with the Office of Student Financial Aid. This includes having filed a 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and having completed any documentation requested by the Office of Student Financial Aid, such as verification or other paperwork to certify eligibility.
- Anticipate workforce participation for a significant period of time upon obtaining their degree.
- Show academic promise and a commitment to obtaining their degree.
To apply for the Osher Reentry Scholarship, applicants will need to complete an application and 500-word personal essay. The essay should discuss your break(s) in education, why you decided to return to finish your degree, and your plans after graduation.
After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation; if you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours of submission, please contact our office at (502) 852-0166 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your application.
The application period to apply for the Osher Scholarship is currently closed. Please return in February for the next application period.
*This is a "tuition specific" scholarship that can only be used to pay tuition charges. Student enrolled exclusively in online courses are not eligible to receive this scholarship. Recipients of this scholarship will be given preference for renewal in future academic years based on competitive reapplication.