Meet the Staff
Elizabeth Liebschutz-Roettger, Ph.D.
Manager of Global Initiatives
- Describe your role in the office --- As part of the Study Abroad team, I oversee the international exchange/MOU agreements, International partner development, and opportunities for research and academic exchange among faculty. I work with the various Colleges across campus on their international partner development. In addition to working with our agreements, I work closely with our students participating on exchanges as well as students who live in our international residential Themed Community.
- Education --- PhD-Counseling and Personnel Services: University of Louisville; MS- Social and Philosophical Studies in Education: University of Kentucky; MA- Human Services and Counseling: DePaul University; BA-French: Lake Forest College
- Hometown --- Danville, KY
- Countries traveled to --- France, Spain, Germany, England, Ireland, Croatia, Hungary, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Italy, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Austria, Scotland, Canada, China, and 8 islands throughout the Caribbean.
- One country you want to visit --- Any? All? Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Costa Rica, and Australia
- How do you prepare for international travel? --- Lists, lists, and more lists. I think about what I need to take clothes-wise (and what might be over packing), I make lists of things I would like to do in various locations. I look up the best ways to travel to/from the airport/train stations in my destinations. As I often travel for work, I create a physical folder of documents I will need while I am traveling. I also like to look into the apps that might be helpful to download for my destinations such as a map of the public transportation.
- What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t working? --- My reality is, if I am not working, I am usually running around to my children's sports/school/STEM events or at home with my co-dependent dog. However, I read a lot (a lot!), often attend concerts, or enjoy musicals at Kentucky Center for the Arts. I love to cook and travel with my partner and kids.
- What would you want to be famous for? ---I would be famous for either being an author or something involved with cinematography (movies or music videos). I think the latter is influenced from my semester abroad in Cannes and getting to experience the Cannes film festival first-hand.