Transcripts and Credit
- Please be advised that it takes 8-12 weeks after the end date of your program for your study abroad transcript to arrive at the Office of Study Abroad and International Travel.
- If you take classes other than the ones you had pre-approved at UofL, you will need to contact the Office of Study Abroad & International Travel immediately to let us know of this change. We cannot guarantee that these new classes will transfer, but we will make every effort to assist you in this process. We further advise you to bring back your syllabi and any pertinent work for these classes, as they may be needed for accurate transfer credit evaluation. It will be your responsability to meet with faculty to get course equivalencies for classes that were not preapproved.
- If you are trying to graduate with College Honors (e.g. cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude) from the College of Arts & Sciences, then your study abroad grades will be factored into your expanded GPA. Note: graduation with College Honors in A&S requires a minimum cumulative and expanded GPA of 3.5.
- If you are not trying to graduate with College Honors (e.g. cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude) from the College of Arts & Sciences, then your study abroad grades will only count toward your degree hours, but they will not be factored into your expanded GPA.
- For questions, contact the Office of Study Abroad & International Travel.
Mailing Transcripts From Your Host University
After returning from your study abroad, please have your transcripts sent to:
Attn: Melissa Lee
101 Brodschi Hall
University of Louisville
2301 S. Third Street
Louisville, KY 40292
Failure to do so will result in a delay in your transcript being processed and your credits transferring.
Check our Re-Entry Section regarding what to do upon return to the States!