Looking to Study Abroad
We are thrilled that you have chosen to study abroad through UofL!
The first step to going abroad is to request an appointment with an advisor. Meeting with an advisor will help you find programs that are a great fit for you according to cost, length of study, your major, and more.
We are excited to announce our new Education Abroad platform, Terra Dotta! When deciding where you would like to study, you can search programs and destinations on our Terra Dotta site. Through Terra Dotta, you will complete your application requirements.
Terra Dotta allows you to search and filter all programs that UofL offers! You can find programs that work with your major, GPA, and more.
Study Abroad Credit
- If your goal is to graduate with College Honors (e.g. cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude) from the College of Arts & Sciences, then your study abroad grades will be factored into your expanded GPA. Note: graduation with College Honors in A&S requires a minimum cumulative and expanded GPA of 3.5.
- If you do not wish to graduate with College Honors from the College of Arts & Sciences, then your study abroad grades will only count toward your degree hours, but they will not be factored into your expanded GPA.
Reasons to Study Abroad
According to the IIE Open Doors 2023 Fast Facts report, only about 11% of US undergraduates studied abroad. Only 3.2% of UofL students study abroad. Consequently, studying abroad makes you UNIQUE!
As an important investment in your education while studying at the University of Louisville, here are some reasons why you should consider studying abroad:
- Develop career skills
- Increase employment prospects
- Form friendships from across the world
- Learn a new language or enhance language skills
- Gain cross-cultural skills
Country Specific Information
To learn more about your specific host country's education and classroom norms, visit and search for your country on the right hand-side of the screen. After you click your host country, click the Class Rules link to read over the specific information. Please keep in mind that every situation is different. g website