Term Postion Guidelines
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
Guidelines for Creating Term Positions
- Request to hire a term employee must be approved in advance by the VP for Student Affairs Office. The request from the department Director must include a justification for requesting a term position as well as the specific term being requested.
- The Office of Human Resources must be notified of our desire to designate a position as a term position prior to posting the position. The notification will be made by the department Director in writing to our HR employment representative as part of the recruitment process.
- The UofL job description posting and all other job postings must include a clear statement indicating that the position is a term appointment. The job descriptions must include a specific ending date for the position.
Sample text: This is a one year non continuing position that will end on June 30, 2014
- Any offer letter provided to the preferred candidate must include specific ending date for the position. and the candidate must sign a document indicating they understand that the position will end on a specific date.
Sample text: I, (employee name), accept this offer and understand that this is a non-continuing term position and that this position will end on June 30, 2014.
- If the department director wished to extend the position at the end of the term – they must seek approval from the VP for Student Affairs Office.
- New offer letters and sign off documents must be prepared and executed with new ending dates.These letters are generally prepared by the VPSA office staff.