Transfer & Adult Guide
If you haven't already done so, you must activate your student account. This will grant you access to ULink, Cardsmart, Blackboard, and UofL Email.
- Your ULink account gives you access to your grades, your financial aid package and your tuition bill.
- You will use CardSmart to find your Academic Advisor and schedule your Academic Advising Appointment.
- Blackboard is a web-based technology support for your classes.
- Your UofL Email is your only source for official email communications from the University.
If you haven't completed your FAFSA, do so as soon as possible. UofL's school code is 001999.
Once you've submitted your FAFSA:
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you are eligible to do so.
- Review your Financial Aid To-Do List via your ULink account when notified by the Student Financial Aid Office and on a regular basis.
You can use our Cost Calculator to receive an estimated cost of attendance.
The Pre-Advising Module contains necessary information that students will need prior to their Academic Advising Appointment. The Pre-Advising Module will be accessible in your New Cards Gateway and an email will be sent when available.
Students must review the Pre-Advising Module in order to access CardSmart and attend Academic Advising.
You can also register for an In-Person Orientation session on your New Cards Gateway.
After you complete your Pre-Advising Module, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor by logging into CardSmart with your ULink username and password. Step-by-step instructions for accessing CardSmart are available in the Pre-Advising Module.
Your appointment could be scheduled up to 5 to 7 days from the date of your call. An electronic copy of your Student Transfer Evaluation (STE) will be available on your ULink account prior to your advising appointment. During your advising appointment, you will review your STE, address any course transfer issues and select courses for the upcoming semester.
After you have completed academic advising, you will be ready to register for classes when registration is available. Please note that you will be required to complete pre-registration questions before gaining access to enrollment. These questions can be found in the “Tasks” tile in ULink.
Every student is required to have a Student ID, also known as your Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses. Submit your student ID photo in advance.
If you are currently enrolled at another institution, once your final grades have been posted you will need to submit a final transcript. If you are attending a Kentucky public institution, please have them certify your General Education courses on your final transcript.
- You can find your account balance on ULink.
- In order to be issued a refund of any residual funds that may be in your student account after tuition and fees are paid, you must set up your refund method in ULink (serviced by Nelnet.)
- Log into your student portal via ULink
- Click on the Financial Account tile.
- In the Financial Account tile, click the Nelnet icon labeled "Student Refunding."
- More information can be found at the Bursar Office website.