Cardinal Card Online Photo Submission
Please note: This process is currently only available to students attending summer or transfer orientation sessions. All other students should report to the Cardinal Card Office starting August 1, 2013.
Every student is required to have a Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses.
The Cardinal Card Office now provides the ability to submit your photo online. After uploading your photo, you will be able to see exactly what your Cardinal Card will look like.
Photos are subject to the approval of the Cardinal Card Office. Photos that do not meet the specifications listed below will not be accepted. An email will be sent ONLY if your photo is not accepted. If your photo is rejected, you must report to the Cardinal Card to have your Cardinal Card processed.
Photos must be submitted by 4:00pm EST on the business day prior to the start of your orientation session. If you do not submit your photo within this time frame, you must report to the Cardinal Card Office during orientation to have your picuture taken.
Your photo must conform to the following specifications:
- The photo must be a recent, color, head and shoulder passport style photo no older than 6 months.
- Face must be clearly visible and facing forward - no profile shots. Background must be solid white or off-white background with no other objects showing.
- Please no sunglasses, baseball-style caps, or novelty headgear in your photo. Headpieces worn for religious purposes are acceptable.
- Blurry or out-of-focus photos are not acceptable.
- The picture file must be in jpeg format.
- Student must be the only person in the picture.
- No graduation caps, gowns, or costumes.
- No copyrighted photos.
- Registered students only!
There are four steps to submitting your photo online:
1. Verify that you are eligible to submit photo on-line
- You must be a currently registered student attending a summer orientation session.
- You must have a U-Link user name and password.
- You must have access to a digital camera – or an appropriate digital photo of yourself.
2. Create an acceptable digital photo (using specifications above)
3. Submit photo
- Photo must be submitted by 4:00pm EST on the business day prior to the first day of your orientation session.
- Log in to the photo upload site with your ULink userID and password.
- Upload photo.
- Verify your name is correct. Select the "use middle name" option if you'd prefer to use your middle name instead of your first name.
- Verify the sample Cardinal Card.
- Choose your orientation session.
- Contact the Cardinal Card Office immediately at 502/852-7520 if your photo submission changes.
- For Freshman Orientations on Belknap Campus: Cardinal Cards must be picked up in the Cardinal Card Office – Houchens building, LL08K during your two-day orientation session. The Cardinal Card Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
- For Orientations on the Health Sciences Campus: Cardinal Cards must be picked up at the location of your orientation.
- You must bring a photo ID and a completed and signed copy of the Cardinal Card Agreement.