Cardinal Card Online Photo Submission
Please note: This process is only available to students attending freshman, transfer, or online orientation sessions that are listed on our website until we activate students for the current semester. All other students starting in the Summer should report to Cardinal Card Office starting May 1st, 2020, for Fall starting August 1st, 2020, and for the Spring starting December 14th, 2020.
Every student and employee is required to have a Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses.
I am receiving a "Server Error" when trying to upload my photo or photo identification. What do I do?
- Please resize your photo smaller to no longer receive the error message. Photos must be smaller than 4mb.
My photo is sideways. Is that okay?
- Yes, photos can be uploaded sideways. Our office will rotate your photo before adding it into our card database.
I do not have a driver's license. What other forms of identification will be accepted?
- We will accept anything with your name and photo on it such as passport, identification card, or high school id.
It is highly recommended that you pick up your Cardinal Card prior to the start of classes as lines may be longer than normal.
- Create an acceptable digital photo using the specifications below. Photos are subject to the approval of the Cardinal Card Office.
- STUDENTS: Submit photo and driver's license by July 31st at 4 pm. Any photos submitted after the deadline will be rejected. Photos will need to be taken in the Cardinal Card Office.
- Pick up your Cardinal Card at the Cardinal Card Office or location listed below - turn in your agreement form.
- Freshman/Transfer Orientation - August 15th Cardinal Card Office 10:00a - 12:00p
- School of Dentistry - Friday, August 7th School of Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene - Thursday, August 13th School of Dentistry
Your photo must conform to the following specifications:
- The photo must be a recent, color, head, and shoulder passport-style photo.
- Face must be clearly visible and facing forward - no profile shots.
- Background must be solid white or off-white background with no other objects showing. No textures such as doors or bricks are allowed. Please no edited out backgrounds
- No sunglasses, baseball-style caps, or novelty headgear in your photo.
- Headpieces worn for religious purposes are acceptable.
- Blurry or out-of-focus photos are not acceptable.
- Student must be the only person in the picture.
- No copyrighted photos.
- No glamour shots, senior photos, or professional photos.