Cardinal Card Online Photo Submission
Your first Cardinal Card is FREE!
The online photo submission process is only open for students receiving their very first card. Our Cardinal Cards do not expire so if you have received a Cardinal Card at the University before there will be a replacement fee and your new photo must be taken in our office.
Every student is required to have a Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses.
Your photo must conform to the following specifications:
- The photo must be a recent, color, head, and shoulder passport-style photo.
- Face must be clearly visible and facing forward - no profile shots.
- Background must be solid white or off-white background with no other objects showing. No textures such as doors or bricks are allowed. Please no edited out backgrounds
- No sunglasses, baseball-style caps, or novelty headgear in your photo.
- Headpieces worn for religious purposes are acceptable.
- Blurry or out-of-focus photos are not acceptable.
- The student must be the only person in the picture.
- No copyrighted photos.
- No glamour shots, senior photos, or professional photos.
I am receiving a "Server Error" when trying to upload my photo or photo identification. What do I do?
- Please resize your photo smaller to no longer receive the error message. Photos must be smaller than 4mb.
My photo is sideways. Is that okay?
- Yes, photos can be uploaded sideways. Our office will rotate your photo before adding it to our card database.
I do not have a driver's license. What other forms of identification will be accepted?
- We will accept anything with your name and photo on it such as a passport, identification card, or high school ID.
I am unable to upload my cardinal card photo and driver's license. What should I do?
- If you are having trouble uploading your cardinal card photo and/or driver's license. You can visit our office in the Houchens Building LL05 to receive your Cardinal Card.
I am enrolled in an online academic program, can I upload a photo?
- No, if you are enrolled in an online academic program, please do not go through this process. Send us an email to email@example.com with your ID number letting us know that you would like to receive an online student cardinal card.
- Create an acceptable digital photo using the specifications above. Photos are subject to the approval of the Cardinal Card Office
- STUDENTS: Upload both your cardinal card photo and driver's license.
- Pick up your Cardinal Card at the Cardinal Card Office, Houchens LL05, and turn in your agreement form.