Cardinal Card Online Photo Submission
Please note: This process is only available to students attending freshman, transfer, or online orientation sessions that are listed on our website until we activate students for the current semester. All other students starting in the Summer should report to Cardinal Card Office starting May 1st, 2020, for Fall starting August 1st, 2020, and for the Spring starting December 16th, 2019.
Every student is required to have a Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses.
- Create an acceptable digital photo using specifications below. Photos are subject to the approval of the Cardinal Card Office.
- Submit photo by midnight on the first day of orientation. Any photos submitted after your orientation has dismissed will be rejected.
- Pick up your card at one of these locations - show a photo ID (driver's license or passport) and turn in your agreement form.
- Freshman Summer Orientation - Day 2, Lunch
- Online Orientation - Cardinal Card Office, Houchens LL05, after you’ve completed orientation.
- HouseStaff Orientataion - CTR Building 9:30-11
Your photo must conform to the following specifications:
- The photo must be a recent, color, head and shoulder passport style photo.
- Face must be clearly visible and facing forward - no profile shots.
- Background must be solid white or off-white background with no other objects showing. No textures such as doors or bricks are allowed. Please no edited out backgrounds
- No sunglasses, baseball-style caps, or novelty headgear in your photo.
- Headpieces worn for religious purposes are acceptable.
- Blurry or out-of-focus photos are not acceptable.
- Student must be the only person in the picture.
- No copyrighted photos.
- No glamour shots, senior photos, or professional photos.