CJ News of Note: November 2020
Happy November 1st everyone! Just a few things to note...
- Andy Cornblatt, Dean of Admissions at Georgetown Law, will be hosting an information session exclusively for the students of University of Louisville on Thursday, November 12th at 5:00 PM ET. He will discuss tips and tricks for your application, the admissions process, life at law school, and more. If you would like to join, please register here- https://georgetown.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwldeqopj4iHtYOfz4uJakzYXleKy5GfbeB Click to follow link.">https://georgetown.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwldeqopj4iHtYOfz4uJakzYXleKy5GfbeB
- From Brandeis School of Law: Every year, the 3 Kentucky law schools come together for a series of panels on the law school admissions process. Our final panel in 2020 will be held on Monday, November 2 at noon.
If students cannot attend on this date, we intend to schedule an additional panel in January 2021. Once scheduled, the date will be available on our website at http://louisville.edu/law/admissions/visit-the-law-school.
- Upcoming GRE workshop that will be facilitated by The Princeton Review on Friday, November 13 from 10-11:30am. This will be conducted online (synchronously), and students can register online through the REACH website: https://reach.louisville.edu/workshops/graduateexams/.
- The University Career Center recognizes many UofL students must work while in school, and finding part-time work has become increasingly difficult due to the pandemic. The https://louisville.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/17699/student_preview?token=sWKtksEbuPs3krtdPJEUwLiK7kx1onnP7Lx7eJM6agbmRLMDSj8h5Q Click to follow link." style="color: #954f72; text-decoration: underline; font-family: -webkit-standard; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">Part-time/Holiday Job Fair on Thursday, November 12, from 11am-2pm is the perfect opportunity for students to connect with local employers who are actively seeking part-time employees for the holiday season and beyond.
- 2021 Cardinal Award-Each year the University of Louisville bestows an award to two outstanding undergraduate seniors. This award is based on academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, service to the community. contributions to the University, as well as an interview by a panel of judges. All interested students are urged to apply for this award. To be eligible, applicants must be an undergraduate senior student, have completed at least 90 credit hours, and be graduating in December 2020 or May 2021 . All applicants must also have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average. The application can be found on Engage at https://louisville.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/450859
Deadline for this online application is 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 15. No applications will be accepted after the deadline. The earlier the application is submitted the better chance the candidates have in choosing an interview time. The interviews will be held online on Wednesday, November 18 between the hours of 3:00 and 8:00 p.m. No exceptions will be made.
- This is just a reminder on behalf of the Red Barn Programs office and Student Affairs that the deadline for the Red Barn Alumni Association (RBAA) scholarships is approaching. Students may apply online at on Engage UofL by going to http://louisville.edu/studentaffairs/scholarships. To be eligible for these scholarships, students must have a completed application with two letters of recommendations attached, and have it submitted online on Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 5pm. Please note that this is a hard deadline and late applications will not be accepted. There are 2 / $1,700 scholarships and 3 / $500 scholarships to be awarded for the 2021 Spring Semester. The awards are as follows:
From the Red Barn Torchbearer program you can apply for:
$500 Bridgette Pregliasco Torchbearer(BPTB) Scholarships for Adult Learners
$500 Dennis C. Golden Torchbearer (DCG)Scholarship
$500 Essie Jenkins Torchbearer (Essie J.TB) Scholarship for African-American Students in the College of Arts & Sciences
From the Florence M. Strickler (FMSE)Red Barn Alumni Association (RBAA) you can apply for: One of two $1,700 scholarships