CJ Employment Opportunites
is a listing of types and numbers of Criminal Justice Positions in Metro Louisville and surrounding area. This listing is just for INFORMATIONAL purposes only and does not mean the agency is currently hiring. If interested in a position, contact the specific agency for info on openings and to make application.
Here are links to various Federal, State & Local criminal justice-related agencies:
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- The Ocean City Police Department (Ocean City, Maryland) will be testing this Fall and Winter on the following weekends:
October 22/23, 2022
November 19/20, 2022
December 17/18, 2022
January 7/8, 2023
January 28/29, 2023
February 18/19, 2023 (Read Below Concerning This Date)
(It is recommended that applicants test as early as possible. This will ensure that there is plenty of time to complete the background process, as well as find affordable housing.)
If you'd like to attend one of our Testing Sessions, you will need the following:
Completed Application (located on PoliceApp)
Valid Driver's License
Signed Physician's Waiver (Police Officer Applicants Only)
For additional information:
For more information: https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/MDOCEAN/2022/09/19/file_attachments/2273535/2022%20Seasonal%20Police%20Recruitment%20powerpoint.pdf Posted 9/26/22
- The U.S Secret Service will soon be announcing a Student Trainee - Administrative (Automation) position for the Office of Investigations, Louisville Field Office on USAJobs.gov. This posting will be for a current student interested in working in Federal Law Enforcement.
The selectee will perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the organization's office staff. Typical work assignments include:
- Supporting senior level staff with program goals and activities to gain practical work experience that supplements training in academic course of study.
- Performing administrative/operational duties including, but not limited to researching, locating and gathering information which specifically identified material from various sources for the use of the staff.
- Checking reports and other documents for correctness and appropriate format; verifying discrepancies with the appropriate office(s) and/or stakeholders.
- Assisting senior level employees in evaluating assigned program goals; conducting follow-up actions to ensure timely receipt of responses; assembling data; and providing general information.
This position is open to all U.S. citizens in the local commuting area who live within 25 miles of the duty location and who have been accepted for enrollment or are currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution or certification program. If selected for this position, the selectee will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a Top Secret Tier 5 clearance. For more information visit OPM Mythbuster Page.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Must have cumulative grade point average of 2.5 undergraduate; or 3.0 graduate at time of application and throughout internship appointment.
- Must be at least 16 years or older.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Upon on-boarding, you must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
The selectee is expected to be employed for at least one year and may work either part or full time (generally between 16 and 32 hours per week). Hours must be completed between Monday and Friday at the Louisville Field Office located in Louisville, KY. At the end of the assignment, the selectee may be converted to a full-time permanent position within the Secret Service or any other agency within the Federal Government.
At this time, we do not have a timeline for the vacancy announcement but it should be within the next few days. Interested students should create an account for USAJobs.gov and be prepared to submit their application quickly.
For additional information or if there are questions, please reach out to AO Elizabeth Roy at email@example.com.
Here is the link for the student position https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/657252300 - Posted 6-1-22
The Muhammad Ali Center is currently seeking a Security Officer. Check out the job description and see how to apply at the link below:https://alicenter.org/careers/ - Posted 3-14-22
- REACH has Academic Coaching positions available: https://reach.louisville.edu/employment/#PAC
- NOW HIRING SECURITY OFFICERSMall St. Matthews and Andy Frain Services are seeking qualified candidates to serve as Public Safety Officers. In this role, you will be responsible for patrolling the premises of the mall on foot, in vehicle, or via CCTV, reporting all irregular or suspicious activity, maintaining a working relationship with local Police, Fire, and EMS, and making contact with those in need of assistance. In doing so, you will be helping protect the mall’s property, tenants, and patrons.No experience is required. This is a great opportunity for college students to serve as a stepping stone into law enforcement, or for anyone who wants to get their foot in the door with a private security company.To qualify for this position, you will need to pass an oral drug screening and a background check.Base Pay: $12.25/hrAPPLY AT THE LINK BELOW:
The Connecticut State Troopers are accepting applications for State Police Trooper Trainees, with Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP), located at all 11 troops in the state of Connecticut.
Louisville FBI recruiting more women and minorities, no law enforcement experience required... read the article at https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisville-fbi-recruiting-more-women-and-minorities-no-law-enforcement-experience-required/article_d864db60-fef9-11eb-b400-47a7b0bbc43e.html.
Semper Blue Professional Services is currently seeking a Security/Guest Service Supervisor in Louisville, KY at our 4th Street Live! location. Job Description and how to apply.(PDF)
University of Louisville Parking Job Opportunities for Fall/Spring Semesters- Contact university Parking -Hours (only during Spring and Fall semesters): Monday-Friday (4:00pm-8:00pm) Wage: $8.25/hour
- Justice Cabinet - Department of Corrections updated positions available to web site, which can be accessed at Position Listing . available.
- Dept for Community-Based Services -The mission of the Department for Community Based Services is to build an effective and efficient system of care with Kentucky's citizens and communities: New jobs are posted each day and can be viewed at https://careers.ky.gov.
- Cardinal Scholars is a service that connects tutors with elementary, middle school, high school, and college students seeking help. Tutoring sessions can take place at the student’s home, at a nearby library, on the tutor’s campus, or even via Skype. We connect tutors all over the country with students in their area for in-person tutoring—as well as online sessions—so you can tutor in your hometown during breaks and in your college town during the school year! To learn more, please visit cardinalscholars.com/about and check out our FAQ’s for tutors.
- National JOB SEARCH for Careers in Policing * International Association of Chiefs of Police initiative for recruiting highly qualified, service-oriented candidates