KEELING ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate
FOR UNDERGRADUATE CRIMINAL JUSTICE STUDENTS
This scholarship comes from the Deborah G. Keeling Endowment account. Dr. Keeling was past chair (1990-2015) of the Department of Criminal Justice in the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Louisville. The endowment was named for Dr. Keeling in 2016. The scholarship was established in 2020 to provide financial resources to undergraduate students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree.
Up to six (6) $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded annually.
CRITERIA & INSTRUCTIONS
To be eligible for this scholarship a student must be:
- Currently enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours;
- Must have earned a minimum of 30 credit hours at the University of Louisville;
- Must have maintained a 2.5 grade point average;
- Provide a statement of justification for the award;
- Complete the application attached and provide two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty at the University of Louisville;
- Complete and submit this application on or before March 15 , for award the following fall;
- Preference may be given to students with unmet need who are not receiving other forms of financial aid;
- Preference may be given to applicants who have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with the University’s Financial Aid Office.
- Scholarship recipients will be competitively selected based on their academic record and statement for justification of the award addressing these criteria.