Postdoctoral Position Recruitment Process
The department will prepare the following paperwork and information and submit to the A&S Business Center (email@example.com )
- PCN – contact your UBM Intermediate. If you need a NEW PCN created, please specify updated
- and Instructions
- Organizational Chart (must be of the whole department including the opening position).
- The ad to be posted
- Duration the ad should run (start and end dates) – minimum of 11 days
- Search committee information (names, chair, gender, and race); training is required for all members
- Speedtype to charge for Courier Journal (CJ) advertisement.
- If the department would like to post the position outside of the CJ, Higher Ed Jobs and UofL, a listing of the advertisement locations should be included. Note: Departments are responsible for placing the ad in external locations.
- Fill out and submit the Position Search Posting
A&S Business Center will review all of the information along with the Dean, LFO and Research Office and will reach out to the department for clarification or if additional information is needed. If all approved A&S Business Center will send all information to Employment/Compensation for their review and approval.
3. Submitting ad through Recruitment Solutions in PeopleSoft
Once the JDF is approved by Employment/Compensation, a PAR will be processed (if necessary), and then A&S Business Center will submit the ad through Recruitment Solutions in PeopleSoft (PS). Once approved by Employment/Compensation, the A&S Business Center will email the department (and copy the UBM Intermediate) the job ID and dates the ad will post.
As long as all interview committee members have completed their interview training.Once the ad comes down, Mondays at 7pm, the following morning A&S Business Center will download all resumes into a CardBox account and share with the interview committee.
Please note the Postdoctoral Associate and Postdoctoral Scholar are currently underutilized by females.
In an effort for HR to enhance their services and provide departments with helpful resources, they have created a diversity resource guide to assist you with your recruitment efforts. We encourage you to explore the additional advertisement options included in this guide.
The search committee will conduct interviews for qualified candidates. A minimum of three qualified candidates must be interviewed.
6. Interview, Interview Evaluation, and Job Offer
Once interviews have been completed, the department will contact the A&S Business Center (firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the following details:
- Names and dates of candidates interviewed
- Type of interview; campus, department, phone, etc.
- Start and stop time of interview
- Name of the selected preferred candidate and if there is a second preferred candidate
- Written reason of each candidate interviewed; this should include specific job-related reasons.
- Written reason as to why you did not choose the other candidates interviewed
- For the preferred candidate, explain why they were the most qualified candidate. Please review their resume to indicate when they have received their degree. If no date is listed, please confirm this information with the candidate and include this information.
- Name of Chair of committee along with employee ID#
- Desired salary offer (must be approved by budget and employment/compensation)
- Email address for preferred candidate (to run CBC)
- Speedtype for CBC
Once approval of the salary is received from Employment/Compensation, the A&S Business Center will contact the department and include a copy of the letter of offer template. The department will complete and send the letter of offer to the candidate to sign.
8. Final Step
Once the department has received the signed offer letter and has a projected start date, the A&S Business Center will run the CBC and once it has been returned then the effective start date can be confirmed which will be on a Monday for the New Employee Orientation (if necessary), and the A&S Business Center will update the offer within PS. If preferred candidate does not accept the offer, work with the A&S Business Center to make an offer to another candidate or re-post the position.