National Scholars Program
National Scholars for out-of-state students - Deadline: February 15*Deadline is extended to May 1 for Fall 2016 students
Awards ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 for students who meet the following requirements:
- U.S Citizen or permanent resident
- Entering first-time freshman for the fall semester
- Non-resident status. Residents of Kentucky and the reciprocal Southern Indiana counties (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Perry, Scott and Washington) are not eligible.
If you qualify for the National Scholars Program, you will be notified following your admission to the University of Louisville. No separate application is required. Please note:
- UofL only accepts the highest composite ACT or SAT* CR + M.
- UofL accepts weighted GPAs if available from high school.
- If you increase your ACT/SAT score or GPA to move into a new scholarship award level, UofL will increase your award until the deadline.
- After the deadline, you may appeal for an increased award if your profile improves. Late admission applicants may also appeal for an award after the deadline.
- Students planning to participate in UofL Division 1 sports programs are encouraged to check with coaches for additional requirements.
- The National Scholars Award cannot be combined with either the Grawemeyer Scholarship, Brown Fellows Program or National Merit finalist scholarship.
- For additional eligibility and estimate of award, please check out the Net Price Calculator: louisville.studentaidcalculator.com.
To be considered for the National Scholars Program, you must submit a completed application for admission to UofL, the $50 application fee, ACT or SAT scores and an official high school transcript.
Criteria for National Scholars Award
|$15,000||32 ACT/1400 SAT (CR+M) and 3.75 GPA or higher|
|$12,000||30 ACT/1330 SAT (CR+M) and 3.5 GPA or higher|
25 ACT/1130 SAT (CR+M) and 3.75 GPA & higher
26 ACT/1170 SAT (CR+M) and 3.35 GPA & higher
27-29 ACT/1210-1320 SAT (CR+M) and 3.25 GPA & higher
30 ACT/1330 SAT (CR+M) or higher and 3.49 GPA
25 ACT/1130 SAT (CR+M) and 3.35-3.74 GPA
26 ACT/1170 SAT (CR+M) and 3.25-3.34 GPA
27-29 ACT/1210-1320 SAT (CR+M) and 3.0-3.24 GPA
24 ACT/1090 SAT (CR+M) and 3.5 GPA
25 ACT/1130 SAT (CR+M) and 3.0-3.34 GPA
26 ACT/1170 SAT (CR+M) and 3.0-3.24 GPA
*New information regarding SAT requirements for Fall 2017 students will be available in June 2016.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at 502.852.6531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.