I am a first-time freshman
The University of Louisville will continue to monitor our admissions policies and our scholarship criteria when test scores are required. We are tracking test cancellations and limited capacity at open test centers due to COVID-19 restrictions. Contact your admissions counselor for assistance and check your email from our office and our website for updates.
Take Flight Application Directions:
- Begin the Take Flight application. During your application process you will be given a pin number and asked to create your application account.
- After you verify your account, click on the login button.
- Complete your application and pay the non-refundable application fee of $25 or submit documentation of a fee waiver.
- If you plan to submit test scores*: ACT (American College Test) or SAT (Educational Testing Service). Test results may be submitted from the testing agency or may appear on your official high school transcript.
*ACT and SAT scores will be optional for students entering in Fall 2021. Due to limited ACT/SAT testing opportunities, UofL will allow first-time Fall 2021 freshmen to opt out of submitting ACT or SAT scores for admission. Learn more about our test optional policy.
- Applicants to the School of Music must also pass an audition.
- Admission to the School of Nursing is a two-step process with the new freshmen being admitted to the lower-level division and then re-applying to the upper-division as a junior.