Deadline for Early Bird Scholarship
Are you studying abroad Summer or Fall 2018 (or want to)?
Have you met with a Study Abroad Advisor in the International Center and received paperwork?
Are you participating on an approved Third-Party Provider Program?
Interested in more money to help pay for your program?
Enter to win a $500 scholarship drawing!
- Students must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Students must be participating on an approved third-party provider program.
- Students must be a full-time matriculated student.
- Students must be participating in a minimum 4-week long summer program or full-length semester program [duration varies by program provider and location].
How to Enter:
EASY! Submit your completed study abroad paperwork and supplemental documents to the Study Abroad Office in the International Center by 12 pm March 9thto be eligible.
- Paperwork Includes:
i. Front Page
ii. Instruction Sheet
iii. Information Sheet
iv. Certification for Study Abroad Courses – Signed by appropriate department contacts
v. Student Release and Assumption of Risk
vi. Student Conduct Agreement
vii. Budget & Course Certification & Good Standing – Signed by Financial Aid Office
- Supplemental Documents Includes:
i. Copy of signed passport or copy of receipt of submitted passport application.
ii. Purchase CISI Travel Medical Insurance [excludes those participating on KIIS, USAC, or AIFS programs]
Students who receive the Early Bird scholarship agree to the following conditions upon entry:
- Submit two minutes worth of video clips documenting your time abroad. No profanity, vulgar, unsafe or illegal [ex: underage drinking] content will be accepted.
- Write two 500 word blogs for the Office of Study Abroad Tumblr. Please run potential topics by the Study Abroad Office staff.
- Submit ten pictures. Five should have the student in the photograph.
- Volunteer at one of the following: Fall 2018 Study Abroad Fair on September 5th, Fall 2018 Welcome Week events, classroom presentations, information sessions, tabling (all TBA).
Up to 9 students will be randomly selected to win. Winners will be notified by Wednesday, March 14th. Winners must come to the International Center by Wednesday, March 21st to accept their award. Awards not accepted by 4 pm on March 21st will be forfeited. Submit questions to email@example.com.