Meet the Staff
Director, Office of Study Abroad and International Travel
- Countries Virginia's traveled to: Canada, Mexico, Japan, Greece
- A country Virginia wants to visit: Italy and South Korea
- Advice Virginia would give to future travelers: "Never underestimate the power travel has to change your life."
Study Abroad Advisor
- Countries Melissa's traveled to: Spain, Canada, Cuba, Costa Rica, Australia
- A country Melissa wants to visit: Iceland
- A lesson Melissa has learned from traveling: "Travel with an open mind, be open to new ideas and new experiences. Embrace the culture of the country that you are traveling to."
Study Abroad Advisor
- Countries Kimber's traveled to: Canada, Ecuador, Ireland, England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Italy, Hungary, Poland, Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland, Portugal.
- A country Kimber wants to visit: Iceland or New Zealand
- Advice Kimber would give to future travelers: "Put down the map! It's okay to get lost and ask a stranger for directions."
Program Assistant Sr.
- Countries Rebecca's traveled to: France, Ireland, Canada, England, Austria, and Italy
- A country Rebecca wants to visit: New Zealand or Scotland
- Advice Rebecca would give to future travelers: "If possible, visit an area outside of the big cities, even if it's only for a day.."
- Countries I've been to so far: Canada, The Netherlands, France, Spain, Ireland, England, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Peru!
- Country I'd Most Like to Visit: Turkey and Russia! (but I'm going to Argentina next!)
- Fun Fact: I love my two dogs more than anything in the world and I like to FaceTime with them when I'm abroad!
- Countries I’ve Been To: France, Spain, Italy and England,Senegal
- Country I’d Most Like to Visit: Greece or Morocco
- Fun Fact: My Bucket List is made up entirely of places to travel...including 1 country from each letter of the alphabet! Except x.
- Countries I've been to: France, UK, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Iceland, New Zealand, Monaco
- Country I want to travel to: Indonesia
- Advice: Keep up with the friends you make abroad--you never know when or where you might meet again!
Queenstown, New Zealand
- Countries Jenny's traveled to: France, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Morocco, & Japan
- Countries Jenny would like to visit: South Korea and Senegal
- Jenny chose to Study Abroad because: She desired to learn French. She wanted to experience another culture, and broaden her worldviews. She always had a dream of traveling to another country alone, perhaps to learn about herself, but to really soak in the culture firsthand without the distractions of family and so forth.
- Countries I’ve traveled to: South Africa, England, France, Canada, and extensively in the US
- Country I want to visit most: Morocco or India
- Travel advice: Meet people native to the area you visit. They can immerse you in the culture and show you places you would never find in a travel guide or book.
- Fun fact: I would love to eventually become a member of the 50 State Marathon Club. After March of 2017, I will only have 41 more to go!
Diepsloot, South Africa