Transfer/Adult To-Do List
Transfer/Adult To-Do List
Here is an in-depth guide that provides the necessary steps to complete a successful transfer to the University of Louisville! Pay special attention to some items that should be done before your orientation session.
1. Make note of your student ID number on your Certificate of Admission. You will need it for future UofL business.
2. Activate your UofL online services, which include your UofL e-mail (Cardmail) and ULink (our student web portal). Visit louisville.edu/admissions/activate for detailed instructions. NOTE: In some cases, students admitted after 3 p.m. may have a 48-hour delay.
3. Apply for financial aid at fafsa.gov as soon as possible to maximize your funding. Make sure to monitor ULink and your Cardmail account for important up-to-date information from the Student Financial Aid Office.
- For an estimate of your UofL, state and federal aid visit https://louisville.studentaidcalculator.com/survey.aspx
- For additional information and helpful tips, visit louisville.edu/financialaid or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Sign up and complete your New Student Orientation at: https://louisville.edu/newcards/orientation/transfer-adult/spring-2015
- Orientation is a two-step process including: Registration and completion of either the online or on-campus orientation.
- Students that have less than 24 credit hours will be required to attend an on-campus orientation.
- Orientation is required for all degree seeking students in order to register for classes. Visiting, returning, post-baccalaureate, and other non-degree students are not required to be advised or attend orientation.
5. After completion of your transfer orientation, contact your advising center for an appointment.
- To find your advisor visit, louisville.edu/advising for contact information. NOTE: Choose your orientation session first for accurate advising procedures.
- Your appointment will be scheduled approximately 5-7 days from the date of your call. An electronic copy of your Student Transfer Evaluation (STE) will be available on your ULink account prior to your advising appointment. STE’s will be available for students at their on-campus orientation. At your advising appointment you will review your STE, address any courses transfer issues, and select courses for the upcoming semester.
6. After you complete both orientation and advising, you will be able to register for classes during the registration period.
- Undergraduate Catalog: louisville.edu/undergraduatecatalog
7. Get your Cardinal Card. You must be registered for classes at least one day prior to getting your card. NOTE: If you select an on-campus orientation this will be included in your day.
8. If you are currently enrolled at another institution, once your final grades have been posted you will need to submit a final transcript. If you are attending a Kentucky public institution, please have them certify your General Education courses on your final transcript.
9. If you are planning to live on campus, please apply for housing as soon as possible. Visit louisville.edu/housing to submit your application online.
- If you are looking for housing around campus please visit: http://louisville.edu/housing/options/offcampus
10. Be sure to activate your Higher One card. This is a requirement for all students. All refunds are processed using Higher One. See uoflonecard.higheroneaccount.com for details.
11. Review the Healthcare Readiness Checklist for Parents and Students.
12. Be sure to follow us on facebook.com/UofLadmissions, and twitter.com/uofladm for the most up-to-date information, events, announcements, and easy access to UofL Staff.
Printable version of To-Do list