Transfer/Adult To-Do List
Here is an in-depth guide that provides the necessary steps to complete a successful transfer to the University of Louisville! Pay special attention to some items that should be done before your orientation session.
Prior to Orientation:
1. Activate your student accounts:
- Know your student ID number. You can find this number on your certificate of admissions.
- Follow this link to set up your university email account and other online services. Please note: many university offices will only send information to your UofL email account. Your orientation information will ONLY be sent to this account.
Make note of your student ID number on your Certificate of Admission. You will need it for future UofL business.
2. Apply for financial aid at fafsa.gov as soon as possible to maximize your funding. Make sure to monitor ULink and your Cardmail account for important up-to-date information from the Student Financial Aid Office.
- For an estimate of your UofL, state and federal aid visit https://louisville.studentaidcalculator.com/survey.aspx
- For additional information and helpful tips, visit louisville.edu/financialaid or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment due dates and information
3. Sign up and complete your New Student Orientation.
- Orientation is a two-step process including: Orientation registration and completion of either the online or on-campus orientation.
- Students that have less than 24 credit hours will be required to attend an on-campus orientation.
- Orientation is required for all degree seeking students in order to register for classes. Visiting, returning, post-baccalaureate, and other non-degree students are not required to be advised or attend orientation.
4. Contact your academic advising center to set up an appointment.
- To find your advising unit contact information visit: http://louisville.edu/advising.
NOTE: Choose your orientation session first for accurate advising procedures.
- Your appointment could be scheduled up to 5-7 days from the date of your call. An electronic copy of your Student Transfer Evaluation (STE) will be available on your ULink account prior to your advising appointment. At your advising appointment you will review your STE, address any course transfer issues, and select courses for the upcoming semester. For students attending an on-campus orientation session: STE’s will be available for students and advising will be provided for A&S and Education majors. Students with other majors should call their advising unit prior to their orientation session to make an advising appointment. If an advising appointment is scheduled the day of your orientation session it must be after 2 p.m.
5. After you complete both orientation and advising, you will be able to register for classes during the registration period. See the below links for helpful information:
6. Get your Student ID. You must be registered for classes at least one day prior to getting your card.
NOTE: If you select an on-campus orientation this will be included in your day.
7. If you are planning to live on campus, please apply for housing as soon as possible. Visit louisville.edu/housing to submit your application online. If you are looking for housing around campus please visit: http://louisville.edu/housing/options/offcampus
8. If you are currently enrolled at another institution, once your final grades have been posted you will need to submit a final transcript. If you are attending a Kentucky public institution, please have them certify your General Education courses on your final transcript.
9. All incoming undergraduate students are required to complete Haven – an online education module about healthy lifestyle choices. All incoming students UNDER THE AGE OF 21 are also required to complete Alcohol EDU. More information, deadlines, and requirements can be found here: louisville.edu/campushealth/alcoholedu-haven.
NOTE: If you are beginning classes in Summer 2015 Haven and Alcohol EDU will not be available until July. Watch your CARDMail for important information.
10. Be sure to activate your Higher One card. This is a requirement for all students. All refunds are processed using Higher One. See uoflonecard.higheroneaccount.com for details.
11. Review the Healthcare Readiness Checklist for Parents and Students.
Have you considered your banking needs at UofL?
You're starting on an exciting path to your future. Many opportunities await you - and many responsibilities too - including managing your money. PNC Bankmakes it easy for you to keep it all under control with 5 ATMs on campus and a full-service branch adjacent to the College of Business. PNC's Virtual Wallet® Student helps you make smart decisions about your money with tools that put you in charge, so you - and your family - have one less thing to work about as you begin your college journey. To learn more, see the link above or visit PNC's University Branch at 1900 South Third Street, or any of PNC's other 2,700 branches.