Updates from Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success (SEMSS)
Spring BUR Holds:
- The bursar has decided to remove Spring 2020 bursar holds making it easier for students to register and work through this uncertain time.
- If a student has a balance from a previous term, they will still have a BUR hold.
UPS is hiring:
- UPS is currently hiring over 100 people a week. If a student has been laid off because of COVID-19, they can likely get hired by UPS quickly (both day and 3rd shift are available). Their package traffic has not slowed down during this time.
- Priority registration will continue as scheduled beginning March 31st.
- Next week, the Registrar’s office will be sending out an email to students that will include registration steps as well as a reminder that they are here to help and how to reach them.
Scheduled CLEP for Degree Applicants:
- Testing Services is now closed, so no CLEP exams will be available until it reopens, which is of particular concern for degree applicants.
- I spoke to Beth Willey and she confirmed that a degree applicant can request a variance for a requirement of which they had a scheduled CLEP date. Please reach out to her directly with questions.
- College Board has said they will make a decision soon about whether AP exams are postponed or canceled.
- If canceled, UofL may want to think about options for students (such as promoting CLEP).
- Currently, the orientation office is monitoring the situation and plans to make a decision about summer orientation by the end of April.
- The only orientations that have been canceled so far across the country are early ones in April and early May.