Windows 7 Wireless Manual Setup Guide
If Windows has not failed to join the wireless network or you have never before connected to the wireless network follow the instructions found here to connect.
1. Select the wireless icon found in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Once the wireless tab has opened, select the link marked "Open Network and Sharing Center"
2. Once the "Network and Sharing Center" windows opens, select the link marked "Set up a new connection or network".
3. As the "Set Up a New Connection or Network" window pops up select the option marked "Manually connect to a wireless network" and select next.
4. In the window now shown, input the following and select next:
- Network Name: ulsecure
- Network Type: WPA2 Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- Start this connection automatically: checked
5. After the network has been successfully added select the "Change connection settings" link.
6. Once the wireless properties window has popped up select the "Security" tab and confirm the following:
- Security Type: WPA-2 Enterprise (same as prior selected on step 5)
- Encryption Type: AES
- Network Authentication: "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)"
- Remember my credentials for this connection: checked
7. Click the Advanced Settings Button
- Check the box to specify authentication mode and select user authentication from the dropdown menu
8. Once finished confirming settings click on the "Settings" button
9. Check the box beside (1.)"Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate"
(2.) "Connect to these servers" Positive SSl Multi-Domain
(3.) Check the box beside "AddTrust External CA Root"
10. As the window "EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties" window pops up make sure to uncheck the "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password" selection and then select ok.
11. Select ok on the "PEAP Connection" window.
12. Select ok on the "Network Properties" window.
13. Click close at the bottom of the "Manually connect to a wireless network" window
14. If everything has been done correctly and closed, a pop-up on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen should pop up requesting additional information. Click on this pop-up.
- A "Windows Security" window should pop-up. In this window type in your Ulink userID and then your Ulink password that correlates with this ID (this id and password are same that is used for university email systems) and select ok. Connection should complete successfully and the wireless icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen should show connection status.