The last few years have brought many changes in technology at the University of Louisville. The success of these changes is apparent in the significant increases in key areas of our customer satisfaction surveys. After our multi-year effort to bring the university a new, industry-standard email system, faculty and staff reported 88 percent satisfaction with their email and calendaring services. This represents a 12-point increase in just one year. The completion of the pervasive wireless project, which brought a new high- speed wireless network to all three university campuses, also brought a big increase in customer satisfaction, from 80 to 87 percent over the three year project period. Significant gains were also seen in research computing and web development. Two new items this year got high marks: Our new ULMobile app brought a 95 percent customer satisfaction rate among faculty and staff, while mobile device support in general earned 90 percent satisfaction. Students reported similar satisfaction with ULMobile and mobile device support, and their surveys returned large gains in email and wireless satisfaction as well.
Awards and Media Mentions
- University listed 49th in volume among organizations that print in-house. (Giants Among In-Plants,In-Plant Graphics, Dec. 2012)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware WebCenter Innovation Award. (Announced at Oracle OpenWorld 2012; WebCenter Innovation
- Award Winners, Oracle WebCenter Blog, Oct. 2, 2012; IT bioinformatics project receives one of only six Oracle Awards for technology innovation, UofL Today, Oct. 3, 2012)
- Endpoint Encryption – Getting Real About Security. (Edutech’s Tech Magazine, Spring 2012)
- Enterprise Security Director named Geek of the Month by DMD Data Systems. (Aug. 2012)
Take a look at the progress we have made over the last year in our community, and especially in service to our customers, the faculty, staff, and students of the University of Louisville.