Outstanding Community Engagement Awards
The Outstanding Community Engagement Award was created in 2009 by Provost Shirley Willihnganz as a way to recognize faculty, staff, students and community partners who are involved in outstanding community engagement service. A monetary award of $2,500 will go to each recipient engaged in exemplary community engagement activities such as volunteerism, community based learning, outreach, partnerships, curricular engagement or community based research.
Recipients will be selected based on their work to improve community, particularly in the areas of, but not necessarily, Education, Health, Economic Development, Social Services, Arts and Culture, or Sustainability. The award is intended to recognize outstanding local, regional, rural, or international engagement.
All nominees will be invited to attend the Community Engagement Reception in Fall 2016 where award recipients will be announced.
- Previous award recipients are not eligible to apply for this award cycle, however previous nominations are strongly encouraged to resubmit.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Staff in the Office of Community Engagement are not eligible to receive the award.
- Community Partners must be nominated by a university student, faculty, staff or alumnus.
- In the event there is no community partner nominated, the Office of Community Engagement in consultation with the award review committee, reserves the right to identify a deserving community partner to recognize.
- There is no requirement for the award to be given in every category each year.
- Faculty member must have a minimum 5 years continuous employment at UofL
- Award may be given to individual or group of faculty (e.g. department or academic unit)
- Full-time and part-time faculty are eligible
- Staff member must have a minimum 5 years continuous employment at UofL
- Award may be given to individual or group of staff (e.g. office or administrative unit)
- Full-time and part-time staff members are eligible
- Community engagement activity or service must have taken place while student(s) at UofL
- Award may be given to individual or group of students (e.g. RSO, class)
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible
Community Partner Award
- Award will be given to community service agency for outstanding community work in partnership with UofL
- Organization must be a 501c(3) agency in good standing
PLEASE NOTE: Effective for the 2015-16 award cycle, the nomination forms are now electronic. Please submit your nomination on the form provided.
Call for nominations - Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Submission deadline - Friday, May 13, 2016
Community Engagement Ceremony & Reception - October 20, 2016