College of Arts and Sciences
October 26, 2011
Members present: R. Carini, G. Leichty, J. Li, S. Rabin, R. Roebuck (Chair), M. Rohmann, R. Taylor, B. Williams
Members absent: A. Mehta (A&S Student Council)
Guests: R. Railey (TA), L. Rhodebeck (POLS), L. Thomas (TA)
The minutes of the meeting of September 28 were approved as distributed. (Minutes are posted on the A&S web site following their approval by the committee.)
Professor Roebuck reported on her meeting with Professor Byers (Chair of the Assembly) and SGA representatives regarding the SGA’s A+ gpa initiative.
The following course actions were approved, effective Summer 2012. General Education designations are recommendations to the General Education Course Committee, but are not final until approved in that committee.
- TA 357: Introduction to Hip-Hop Theatre (new course, WR credit, CD1 credit, contingent on revisions to the syllabus)
- TA 557: Advanced Hip-Hop Theatre (new course) (approved on condition that department adds a note that undergraduate credit may not be earned for both TA 357 and 557)
- ML 355: Literature of Spain (CD1 credit—approved contingent upon revisions to the CD outcomes and assessments)
- LAS 310: Introduction to Latin American Studies (CD2 credit)
- LAS 311: Introduction to Latino Studies (new course, CD1 credit)
- POLS 202: Comparative Political Systems (CD2 credit)
Action on POLS 465: Chinese Culture was deferred for additional information.