National Scholars Program
National Scholars for Out-of-State StudentsDeadline: February 15
Awards ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 for students who meet the following requirements:
- U.S Citizen or permanent resident
- Entering first-time freshman for the fall semester
- Non-resident status. Residents of Kentucky and the reciprocal Southern Indiana counties (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Perry, Scott and Washington) are not eligible.
If you qualify for the National Scholars Program, you will be notified following your admission to the University of Louisville. No separate application is required. Please note:
- UofL only accepts the highest composite ACT or SAT*.
- UofL accepts weighted GPAs if available from high school.
- If you increase your ACT/SAT score or GPA to move into a new scholarship award level, UofL will increase your award until the deadline.
- After the deadline, you may appeal for an increased award if your profile improves. Late admission applicants may also appeal for an award after the deadline.
- Students planning to participate in UofL Division 1 sports programs are encouraged to check with coaches for additional requirements.
- The National Scholars Award cannot be combined with either the Grawemeyer Scholarship, Brown Fellows Program or National Merit finalist scholarship.
- For additional eligibility and estimate of award, please check out the Net Price Calculator: louisville.studentaidcalculator.com.
To be considered for the National Scholars Program, you must submit a completed application for admission to UofL, the $50 application fee, ACT or SAT scores and an official high school transcript.
Criteria for National Scholars Award
|$15,000||32 ACT/1450 SAT and 3.75 GPA or higher|
|$12,000||30 ACT/1390 SAT and 3.5 GPA or higher|
25 ACT/1200 SAT and 3.75 GPA & higher
26 ACT/1240 SAT and 3.35 GPA & higher
27-29 ACT/1280-1380 SAT and 3.25 GPA & higher
30 ACT/1390 SAT or higher and 3.49 GPA
25 ACT/1200 SAT and 3.35-3.74 GPA
26 ACT/1240 SAT and 3.25-3.34 GPA
27-29 ACT/1280-1380 SAT and 3.0-3.24 GPA
24 ACT/1160 SAT and 3.5 GPA
25 ACT/1200 SAT and 3.0-3.34 GPA
26 ACT/1240 SAT and 3.0-3.24 GPA
*This score reflects the new SAT to ACT Concordance Table. For any questions regarding SAT exams taken prior to March 2016, please contact the Office of Admission at 502-852-6531 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at 502.852.6531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.