Consortial Agreements Overview
Consortial Agreements and Programs
At the University of Louisville consortial agreements or collaborative relationships generally fall into three categories:Faculty/Student Exchanges, Affiliation Agreements, or Academic Partnerships.Whether the relationship is called a memorandum of agreement (MOA), a memorandum of understanding (MOU), an affiliation, a partnership, a collaboration, or some other term is not significant. What matters is the purpose or goals of the relationship.
- Consortial Agreements involving academic programs, coursework, or degrees must be approved and signed by the Provost Office and should start with submitting an Academic Agreement Proposal form.
- Agreements involving international faculty or student exchanges are overseen by the International Center and must be developed and approved following their guidelines (excludes international agreements that offer academic programs or courses for UofL credit).
- Affiliation agreements involving student placements, practica, etc. outside of Kentucky may be subject to additional rules involving state authorization and the Delphi Center should be consulted. http://louisville.edu/stateauthorization
Consortial Agreements involving academic programs are subject to additional review and scrutiny by outside organizations such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, program-level accrediting agencies may have rules that should be considered when developing agreements. The UofL accreditation liaison should be consulted to determine if a SACSCOC substantive change report is required. http://louisville.edu/oapa/substantive-change
Also, SACSCOC has public disclosure requirements that mandate information about any formal academic partnerships be made available to the public. The current listing of these consortial agreements can be viewed at: http://louisville.edu/oapa/exchange-agreements-and-programs/consortial-agreement-report-2020
For more information:
- Academic Agreements with External Partners Notification and Approval Process (PDF)
- Active Consortial Agreements (PDF)
- International Center Policies http://louisville.edu/studyabroad/facultyandstaff
Academic Agreement Question Set
(Do not complete this as the form. This is just to allow you to be prepared with required information to complete the proposal)
- Academic Agreement Proposal Form
- Academic Agreement Budget Template