Request Help with a Survey
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) is available to assist academic and administrative offices with all aspects of survey design, sample creation, survey administration, analysis of results, and creation of reports. If you would like to request help with a survey, please complete the steps below:
1. Review the Survey Administration Protocol which explains the importance of surveys, the university survey policy & procedures, and the rationale for oversight.
2. Review the Survey Administration Timeline which outlines the process of how our office can assist you before, during, and after the survey's administration.
3. Review the Online Survey Calendar to determine if any other surveys are already scheduled to be administered to the target population. Preventing overlap will help mitigate survey fatigue and will ensure the highest possible response rates across all surveys each semester.
4. Complete the Survey Request Form. The form will ask for information regarding the purpose of the survey, intended population/sample size, timing of administration, survey questions, how the data will be used, and what type of assistance is needed.
*Please note: IE serves the University's continuous improvement efforts. To that end, IE reserves the right to share relevant survey data processed through the IE office with other offices and departments if the data will be used for program improvement purposes.
5. After the survey has closed and you have reviewed the results, complete either the First Iteration of Survey Administration - Action Plan Form (use this form after the administration of the first iteration of a survey) or the Subsequent Iteration of Survey Administration - Action Plan Form (use this form after the administration of subsequent iterations of a survey). The form will ask for information regarding the key survey findings and proposed actions for using the survey results for program/departmental planning and/or improvement. The form should be completed and submitted to IE within 3 months of the survey closing.
Please visit our Resources page to learn more about survey development, how to write good survey questions, information about samples, and more.