Center announces 9 new McConnell Scholars
Nine new faces will join the McConnell Scholars Program at the University of Louisville this fall, becoming the 29th class in the program’s history.
“This new group of talented high school leaders was chosen from a large and competitive pool of applicants,” said McConnell Center Director Gary Gregg. “They each bring something unique to our already extraordinary group of student leaders. We are thrilled to have them join us and look forward to seeing their leadership make an immediate impact on campus and in the years ahead.”
In addition to scholarships, McConnell Scholars receive an enhanced academic experience consisting of four years of mentored liberal arts studies, opportunities to meet and engage with prominent national, state and local leaders and funded trips to China and Washington, DC.
The McConnell Scholarship is limited to Kentucky high school graduates chosen for their commitment to leadership, scholarship and service.
The Class of 2024 McConnell Scholars are:
- Caleb Aridano (South Oldham High, Crestwood)
- Yelena Bagdasaryan (Lafayette High, Lexington)
- Jacob Banta (South Oldham High, Pewee Valley)
- Emily Bevins (Great Crossing High, Georgetown)
- Paighton Brooks (Campbell Co. High, Alexandria)
- Sawyer Depp (Highlands High, Fort Thomas)
- Katie Hayden (Owensboro Catholic High, Owensboro)
- Mary Catherine Medley (Washington Co. High, Springfield)
- Bryson Sebastian (Butler Traditional High, Louisville)