The McConnell Center Podcast offers thought-provoking conversations with authors, scholars, leaders in the U.S. military and political professionals. Interviews focus on leadership, literature, history, education, politics and life.
McConnell Center Director Gary Gregg considers how lessons from classic works are relevant to today's leadership opportunities and challenges.
"Whether you are looking for help in reaching a long-abandoned reading goal, interested in life-long learning or looking for meaningful leadership and life lessons, Vital Remnants from our shared past await to inspire, encourage and teach us today—just as they changed the world we have inherited,"said Gregg.
- Season 1 (8 episodes): Plato's Republic
- Season 2 (9 episodes): Machiavelli's The Prince
- Season 3 (4 episodes): Last Days of Socrates
- Season 4 (16 episodes): Reflection & Choice: The Federalists, the Anti-Federalists, and the Debate that Defined America
- Season 5 (current season): The Roots of American Order
Variety - Left and Right
Variety—Left and Right offers open, free, and educational conversations about ideas, values, and perspectives from across the political spectrum. Our emphasis is on understanding, not conformity and our prejudice is in favor of free and open inquiry. “He who knows only his own side of the case,” said John Stuart Mill, “knows little of that.”
This podcast is a production of the McConnell Center at the University of Louisville.