How do I complete an Express Checkout?
- Ensure that all personal property has been removed from your assigned space.
- Wipe down surfaces, sweep your floor, and dispose of trash in the designated trash areas. This includes any common areas in suite- and apartment-style spaces, such as bathrooms, living rooms, and kitchens.
- Return your furniture to its original location.
- If you have a lofted bed, place the original bedframe underneath the lofted bed.
- Visit the front desk of your residence hall.
- Request an “Express Checkout Envelope.”
- Enter the requested information on the Express Checkout Envelope.
- Place your key(s) in the Express Checkout Envelope.
- Seal the Express Checkout Envelope.
- Return the Express Checkout Envelope to the front desk of your residence hall.
IMPORTANT: If you do not use a key to access your hall (and instead use an ID Card), you STILL need to complete the Express Check-Out Envelope and leave it empty. This is required in order for your check-out to be complete.
What if I have already moved my belongings out and cannot return for check-out?
1. Mail your key/fob to the following address. Please note that check-out packages must be postmarked by March 27:
University of Louisville
101 E. Centennial Walk
Louisville, KY 40292
2. Include a note with your full name and seven-digit student ID number.
3. Once your check-out package has been mailed, email your hall director to inform them that your package has been mailed.
We take no responsibility for items lost in the mail.
I cannot return to campus to remove my room items. Can someone else remove my items?
Yes. If you would like to authorize another individual (e.g. a friend, parent, etc.) to remove your items from your room on your behalf, please follow these steps:
1. Email your Hall Director and inform them that you authorize Campus Housing to accompany "John Doe" to your room in order to retrieve your items. Please make plans to return your key/fob if you have taken this home with you.
2. Please ask "John Doe" (the individual planning to retrieve the items) to send a second email to your Hall Director in order to schedule an appointment for retrieving the items.
I am moving out of my residence hall and have rented a microwave/mini-fridge unit and/or lofted bed. What do I need to do?
On March 18, College Products emailed Micro-Chill and Loft Check-Out Procedures to all renters. View them here. If you have already checked out of your hall, please email College Products to confirm that your record has been updated in their system.