Why Pursue a Senior Honors Thesis?
Pursuing a Senior Honors Thesis will allow you to conduct an independent undergraduate research project about a subject of particular interest to you. With the help of a supervising faculty mentor in your area of interest, your experience in this process can lead to a number of benefits:
- Eligibility for prestigious graduation honors from the College of Arts & Sciences (summa cum laude, magna cum laude)
- Opportunity to enjoy the pursuit of your own unique area of intellectual interest that could help expand the existing body of knowledge in that field.
- One-to-one interactions with knowledgeable faculty mentors in your field of interest.
- Excellent preparation for academic expectations of graduate or professional school (research skills, writing skills, oral defense process)
- Opportunity to publish your findings or present at conferences
- Utilize final product for post-graduation plans
- Strengthen graduate/professional school application or portfolio
- Provide as an excellent sample writing for future employers
- Can contribute to superior level of University Honors Program participation (University Honors Scholar)
- Can help complete WR requirement for A&S degree programs