University Honors Program Etscorn Scholarship
Etscorn Scholarship applications are open now through March 19, 2021 . Please keep an eye on the Honors weekly e-mail announcements for any updates about scholarships.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- have completed 24 credit hours at the University of Louisville by the end of the spring semester
- be currently enrolled full- or part-time at the University of Louisville
- be planning to enroll full-time for at least the Fall semester of the 2021-2022 academic year
- by pursuing their first undergraduate degree
- have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.35 (including U of L courses, transfer work, and repeat grades)
- not hold another full-tuition scholarship (e.g. full-tuition Trustees, Vogt, Porter scholarship or other full-tuition award)
Out of state students are encouraged to apply. Please note that the Etscorn Scholarships are competitively renewable.
Scholarship awards, from $1,000 - $5,000, will be based on the strength of the student's:
- Personal Statement*
- Honors Curricular and Extracurricular Record of Involvement (e.g. courses taken, involvement in Honors outside of courses)
- Two Letters of Recommendation**
Applications may be submitted via e-mail. Please submit an unofficial transcript, a list of your Honors involvement, and your personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. An application consists of each of the four components listed above. Any application missing one or more of the above four components is considered incomplete and will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
*Your personal statement, not to exceed two typed pages, should address educational goals, the extent of involvement in the Honors Program, campus and community activities, and, in particular, the ways in which the award of a scholarship would enhance your academic experience.
**Letters of Recommendation are to be submitted by the recommender (not the student) through our web-form. Students are responsible for sending their recommenders a link to the form. If a recommender would prefer not to use the online form they can call 502-852-6293 for more options. All materials are due by March 19, 2021.