University Honors Program Etscorn Scholarship
Etscorn Scholarship applications are currently closed. Please keep an eye on The Current for any updates about scholarships.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- have completed 24 credit hours at the University of Louisville by the end of the spring semester
- be currently enrolled full- or part-time at the University of Louisville
- be planning to enroll full-time for at least the Fall semester of the 2019-2020 academic year
- by pursuing their first undergraduate degree
- have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.35 (including U of L courses, transfer work, and repeat grades)
- not hold another full-tuition scholarship (e.g. full-tuition Trustees or Vogt scholarship or award)
Out of state students are encouraged to apply. Please note that the Etscorn Scholarships are competitively renewable.
Scholarship awards, from $1,000 - $5,000, will be based on the strength of the student's:
- Personal Statement*
- Honors Curricular and Extracurricular Record
- Two Letters of Recommendation**
Applications may be submitted in-person at the Etscorn Honors Center. An application consists of each of the four components listed above. Any application missing one or more of the above four components is considered incomplete and will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
*Your personal statement, not to exceed two typed pages, should address educational goals, the extent of involvement in the Honors Program, campus and community activities, and, in particular, the ways in which the award of a scholarship would enhance your academic experience.
**Letters of Recommendation are to be submitted by the recommender (not the student) through our web-form. Students are responsible for sending their recommenders a link to the form. If a recommender would prefer not to use the online form they can call 502-852-6293 for more options.