Essential Info for New Graduate Students
Graduate school can be difficulty, but we want to help you identify every resource you can to be successful. Here are a few you might consider using:
- Graduate Student Life Handbook
- New Graduate Student Checklist
- Tips & Strategies for Success in Graduate School
- We're Social - Connect with Us!
- Funding and Financial Considerations for Graduate Students
- Campus Maps
- Inclusiveness on Campus
- Wellness and Safety
- Graduate School Staff & Roles List
- Additional Resources
A graduate student in our office put this publication together and it has everything you need to know to get started! Read and/or download here.
Are you a checklist kind of person? Even if you're not, it helps to review a go-to list to make sure your bases are covered. See the one we created here.
We've spent plenty of time with graduate students and graduate student mentors, and we've collected our best tips based on all this experience to help YOU! Post this somewhere close.
Managing your finances as a graduate student is important to your long-term success. Learn more about your resources here:
- External Funding for Graduate Students
- Financial Aid Office (Financial Aid website)
- Financial Support for Graduate Students
- Fellowship Resources
Graduate Student Research Fund
- Financial Support for Minority Groups
- University Fellowships
We welcome everyone at UofL! As a community that celebrates diversity, works towards inclusion, and values equity and justice, we recognize that we all benefit from a range of people and experience. Learn more about efforts toward inclusion at the Graduate School, our campus' celebrated status as a welcoming community for LGBTQ-identifying folx, and other ways we can grow and learn about ourselves and others.
We care about your wellness and safety as a graduate student. Graduate school requires that you practice good self-care. Moreover, as a community, we must practice good care-of-each-other. Thankfully, there are many resources to help. Check out a few listed here:
- The Counseling Center
- Health Promotion
- Campus Recreation
- The PEACC Center
- The Psychological Services Center
- Dean of Students Office
- Campus Police
- You can download a PDF here.