Tax filers can request a transcript, free of charge, of their tax return from the IRS in one of three ways: Online Request, Telephone Request, or Paper Request. In most cases, for electronic tax return filers, 2015 IRS income tax return information is available for the IRS DRT or the IRS Tax Return Transcript within 2–3 weeks after the 2015 electronic IRS income tax return has been accepted by the IRS. Generally, for filers of 2015 paper IRS income tax returns, the 2015 IRS income tax return information is available for the IRS DRT or the IRS Tax Return Transcript within 6–8 weeks after the 2015 paper IRS income tax return has been received by the IRS.
- Available on the IRS Website, www.irs.gov.
- Click the “Get A Tax Transcript” link under the “Tools” menu
- Choose the "Get Transcript Online" or “Get Transcript by Mail” option.
- Make sure to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” and NOT the “IRS Tax Account Transcript.”
In Person Request
- You can make an appointment at your local IRS office to request a Tax Return Transcript.
- Louisville IRS location:
- Make appointment phone number: 844-545-5640
- 600 Martin Luther King Pl #651, Louisville, KY 40202
- Below is a link to the offices located in the state of KY.
- Call the local number to make an appointment to request the required documentation listed on your Verification form.
- If you live in another state you can find your local office by going to the main IRS Website, www.irs.gov.
- Under the “Our Agency” heading at the bottom of the page click on “Contact Your Local Office”
- Click on “Taxpayer Assistance Center Office Locater” and ender your Zip Code to find your local IRS Office. You may need to expand the “Mile Radius” option.
- Please make a copy, write your student ID number on the form, and submit it to the Student Financial Aid Office with your verification form via fax, mail, or in-person. DO NOT email the form.
- Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946
Paper Request Form - IRS Form 4506T-EZ
- IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T