Accounts Payable Payment and Processing Schedule
Voucher requests must be documented by an electronic invoice, statement, and/or receipt. Reimbursements must be accompanied with receipts for all expenses. The Office of the Controller will maintain the electronic documents via OnBase, which will be maintained for a period of 3 years.
1. The following obligations will be processed through the Accounts Payable system:
- All financial obligations on a duly authorized purchase order in which the University gives promise to pay at some future time for goods and/or services received and/or rendered.
- Payment Requests for any non-purchase order items, including non-employees for miscellaneous services rendered and other non-procurement transactions.
- Payments to employee for any travel and misc. expenses.
2. The following transactions will NOT BE processed through the Accounts Payable system:
- Payments for services by an employee, whether for regular, part-time or casual labor, must be submitted through the payroll system.
- University checks will not be issued for amounts less than $1.00.
- ActivePay Credit Card Payments: Wednesday
- ACH & CCD Payments: Thursday
- Check Payments: Friday
Accounts Payable payments will be processed in accordance with predetermined supplier payment terms. A minimum of 5-7 business days should be allowed for payment processing of items after approval, that are to be paid following the AP Vendor Terms and Conditions of Payment. Payments are NOT available for same day processing and should never be promised to suppliers for same day payment and/or delivery.
Please note: The Office of the Controller does NOThave the capability of producing manual, handwritten or typed checks. Although next-day payment processing may be available in certain emergency cases, please contact the Director of Disbursements for approval prior to making a commitment to a supplier.