On-Campus COVID-19 Policies
The University of Louisville has established the below policies surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Healthy and Safety Protocols
UofL has established the following health and safety protocols for all university members to follow while on any university campus. Additionally, all university members are expected to stay in compliance with state and federal safety guidelines.
- Wear a mask or face covering in common areas and avoid touching your face.*
- Practice physical distancing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue then throw that tissue in the trash.
- Disinfect used surfaces and frequently touched objects.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
*Masks should be worn over the nose and mouth.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should:
- Stay at home.
- Notify Campus Health at 502-852-6479. Campus Health will provide students, faculty and staff guidance on isolation and testing.
- Contact your medical provider.
- If you are an employee, notify your supervisor.
Even if you decide to seek care from your own medical provider, or test positive at an at-home test, be sure to inform Campus Health so the university can effectively track COVID-19 cases and ensure proper quarantine or isolation procedures for our campus community.
For more information on university policies, positivity rates, etc., please visit louisville.edu/coronavirus.