If you have completed the admission application process (including submission of application, official transcripts and application fee) and it has been determined that you do not meet the admission criteria, you may be required to submit an admission petition. Students for whom a petition is an option will be notified via email to submit the admission petition.
You may have to submit a petition if you:
- Do not meet the minimum admissions requirements for the major in which you are applying to.
- If you were previously suspended from the University of Louisville.
What do I need to complete the petition process?
- You must submit a Current undergraduate application for the academic term in which you are applying for.
- Your petition must be submitted in a word document. Petitions in any other format will not be accepted. Include your first name, last name, semester and UofL ID (if known)
- The petition is a 1-2 page personal statement that should include the following:
- Statement of educational goals
- An explanation of previous poor academic performance
- An explanation of changes in circumstances that will promote academic success
- Plans to improve your academic performance, including use of UofL support services
- Possible role of previous major in your academic difficulty
Your petition will be reviewed by the appropriate academic unit. Please note that some committees meet bi-weekly and some monthly. You will receive notification of the decision of the committee by mail. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 502-852-6531.