A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Oct 4 2004
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee
October 4, 2004
Members present: Martin Klotz (Chair), Carol Mattingly, Allen Whitt, CS Jayanthi (ex-officio), Jeff Jack (recording minutes)
Members absent: Christopher Tillquist, Regina Roebuck
- The meeting started at 12:05 pm; minutes from the previous meeting were accepted at 12:06.
- There was a brief discussion about the status of the housekeeping services on campus; the chair asked members to submit documented examples of problems with campus housekeeping.
- There was a discussion on point 4 of the letter to Dean Hudson concerning the need to disaggregate the statistics used for retention measures and to find ways of accommodating students without negatively affecting the A&S scorecard. Allen volunteered to investigate this further and report back to the committee.
- The College Advising Committee report was discussed; the committee agreed that the advisory committees from the divisions should work closely with the new advising center. The committee expressed concerns about some details in the new advising policy of the college and decided to continue the dialog with the Dean's office on this matter.
- There was a call for new business at 12:35 pm. The Chair requested update reports from the Dean's Office regarding budgets, policy making that will affect planning, as well TA assignments; CS Jayanthi agreed to request a report on TA assignments for Planning and Budget. CS Jayanthi also reported briefly on the new campus space policy, which is going into effect.
- The meeting adjourned at 12:40.
Submitted by Jeff Jack for approval during the next committee meeting.