A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Aug 21 1998
- Members attending:
- George Barnes
- Julia Dietrich (representing Randy Moore, ex officio)
- Stephen Edgell
- Robert Miller
- Nathan Schwartz (Chair)
- Wiley Williams
1. Edgell accidentally volunteered to be note-taker and was immediately appointed..
2. The minutes of April 20, 1998 were approved with one typo corrected ("prompting" should be "promoting," in section III A 1 (3) of the proposal for changes to the standing rules).
3. It was announced that ballots for a one year replacement of Garcia-Varela are ready to be sent out. Also the Staff Senate has been notified, and they will be electing a representative.
4. It was decided that the Committee should meet often this year and that as many of those meetings as possible should be with the Dean. The Committee has tentatively set meeting times for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 3:30. The date of the first meeting will be set soon in coordination with the Dean's schedule. If that is not possible, a meeting will be called by the Chair for an early date.
5. The Committee discussed the advisability of doing a study of the relative level of funding between A&S; and other units at other universities to compare with the same here. This opened up a general discussion of what the Committee should focus on during the year. Our half-hour allotment of time to use the room expired during the discussion, and the Committee to follow drove us out.
Respectfully submitted -Steve Edgell-