A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes March 1 2004
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee
March 1, 2004
Members present: George Barnes, Martin Klotz (Chair), Allen Whitt, Regina Roebuck, Christopher Tillquist, Inessa Levi (ex officio)
Members absent: Susan Dewitt, Carol Mattingly
The meeting convened at 1:30 p.m.
- Minutes of the February 2, 2004, meeting were revised and approved.
- The next meeting is at the regularly scheduled time, 1:30 p.m., April 5.
- The Chairman asked Dean Levi to address the budget situation. She reported that there was little change from the previous meetings. Searches were NOT closed, faculty were being hired. Some term lines have been cut. This will impact the instructional mission since term faculty teach heavier loads than regular faculty with research responsibilities.
- General discussion of the impact of the budget cuts followed with contributions from all members. The committee decided to draft a report requesting the reinstatement of designated lab and computer fees, capture of over-realized tuition, and distance education as a source of revenue. The Chair will draft a letter to the Dean regarding these matters.
- The meeting adjourned at 3:30 p.m.
Submitted by George Barnes for approval during the next committee meeting.